1.The minimum payment to book a course online by credit card is the deposit of £200. The deposit will be subtracted from your final bill (invoice). This deposit is non-refundable, except in the case that we cannot meet your course/accommodation requirements when we receive your application.
2. Upon receipt of the deposit, an invoice will be sent for the balance of fees with a letter of confirmation of your place on the course. Full payment of the balance must be paid 4 weeks before starting the course. If full payment is not received by the due date, the school reserves the right to withhold or withdraw services.
3. Insurance: Students are required to have full travel and medical insurance. This is to include cover against loss of fees due to emergencies such as illness or bereavement (including family members) and travel disruptions including delays, missed flights, cancellations etc.
4. While the company will take every reasonable precaution to minimise risk to students, no liability will be accepted unless the cause is proven to be negligence by the company.
5. Cancellation by students can only be accepted in writing and no refunds will be made unless written confirmation of a cancellation request is received. Refunds will be made as follows:
Cancellation received 28 days before start date – loss of deposit only.
Cancellation received 15-27 days before start date – loss of deposit and 50% refund of other fees.
Cancellation received 15 days or less before start date – no refund.
Any other costs which have been paid out on behalf of the student and which we are unable to recover cannot be refunded. In cases where a student has booked through an agent or other third party, any refund request must be directed to the agent.
6. In the case that a student requires a visa and is refused this visa, if the student sends a signed written letter of refusal from the embassy within 90 days from the date of refusal, the school agrees to refund any fees paid, except for the non-refundable deposit of £200 for each registration, any other expenses that are not recoverable, and bank charges. This is subject to the cancellation schedule above – so the visa application should be made in good time before course start to avoid any loss of fees paid. No refunds will be considered after 90 days from the time of visa refusal.
7. No liability can be accepted, nor refunds made, nor extra expense incurred if the reasons are shown to be due to circumstances beyond the control of the company, e.g. riot, war, flood, strikes, road accidents, severe travel delays, flight cancellations etc. See item 3 above regarding insurance required.
8. Where a place cannot be offered due to cancellation of the course, or insufficient places on the course being available, the company will try to offer an alternative course of similar value. If the alternative offer is not acceptable, a full refund of fees will be made to the student concerned.
9. When booking a course, all students must intend to study at the school and must intend to come to all lessons. In addition, those students requiring a student visa must intend to leave the UK on completion of their course. If this is not the case, please do not apply.
10. If you are a visa national (from a country which requires a visa to enter the uk), to study at Riviera English School, you must have the correct visa – please visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk for more information. You must bring your passport to the school office on the first day of school.
11. Agents (or students booking through an agency) should not use the card payment system, unless agreed with the school.
To return to the main website at any time, press the back button on your browser
or click here www.riviera-english-school.com