The school’s programme of activities and excursions is carefully chosen to give a balance of sightseeing, cultural visits, sports and social events…
For adult students, we offer a full-day excursion every weekend (except at Christmas/New Year), with some afternoon and evening options, particularly Torquay is an ideal base to explore the beautiful South-West of England.
For Junior/Teenage students, we have a complete programme of activities and excursions.
Local Attractions ⁄ Activities
- Boat trips around Torbay and to the coastal towns of Brixham and Dartmouth – famous for sailing and the Britannia Royal Naval College
- Night Clubs – Torquay is famous for its excellent nightlife
- Kents Cavern – underground caves
- Cockington Park – a living museum of a traditional English village (just a short walk from central Torquay)
- Agatha Christie Mile (she was born and raised in Torquay)
- Coastal walks and many beautiful sandy beaches
- Quaywest – waterpark with big water slides
- Riviera Centre – Sports and leisure complex
- Dartmoor National Park with its wild ponies, spectacular scenery and great hiking and climbing possibilities
- Plymouth – City with maritime history. The Pilgrim Fathers set sail from Plymouth’s Barbican for America
- Totnes town with old castle and alternative lifestyles
- Babbacombe Model Village (mini-England)
- Torre Abbey – Historical building with museum and art gallery
- Exeter – Cathedral and Market City, historic quayside, great shopping
- Paignton and Dart Valley Steam Railway
- Evening pub tours, pub quiz evenings and live music evenings
- Restaurants, Cinemas and Theatres
Health Club (Swimming Pool • Gym • Spa • Sauna)
Includes Swimming, Sauna, Spa pool and fitness studio/gym. Inexpensive daily or monthly membership can be booked on arrival in Torquay.
No pre-booking required.
Why not try some sailing while you are in Torquay? This is one of the best sailing locations in the country!
For sailing lessons or sailing courses, you should book in advance, but sailing afternoons on the school yacht can be booked on arrival, no pre-booking is required.
Most sailing will be done between May and September.
During the high season…
there is a variety of activities and excursions offered to adult students – all are optional and you only pay for what you do.
During the low season…
although there isn’t a full programme offered, there is at least one full day excursion per week. Half-day trips, afternoon/evening activities may also be offered. Activities can also be arranged on request.
*A typical half-day excursion will cost between £10 and £18, and a typical local afternoon activity will be between £5 and £10 (depending on entry charges). Trips may be organised directly by the school or by a 3rd party organisation.
Full Day Excursions
Day trips are arranged to major tourist destinations such as Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, as well as all the wonderful places to visit in Devon and Cornwall. There is always something interesting on offer at the weekend.
*A typical full day excursion will cost between £20 and £30 (depending on distance and entry charges). Trips may be organised directly by the school or by a 3rd party organisation.
There are many sports facilities in and around Torquay – just let us know what you want to do, and we will try to organise it for you.