The Junior/Teenage Summer Course is for
students aged 11–17*
17/06/18 – 28/08/18
* Students aged 11 & 12 may be accepted if accompanied by a parent, responsible adult or group leader.
- 20 lessons of 45 minutes (15 hours) per week. In busy periods, lessons may be AM or PM
- 16 per class maximum
- Homestay accommodation, shared room, all meals (includes packed lunches)
- Homestay hosts will meet the students on arrival at the coach station in Torquay and take them to the coach station on the departure day
- On the first day of school, the hosts will take the students to the school.
- Social Activity program with 5 afternoon activities/trips, + 2 evening activities + 1 full day excursion per week +Sunday social day with hosts or our Activity Leaders
- Course materials
- Welcome pack including ID card, local information and map
- End of course certificate
- End of course teacher’s report
- 24 hour emergency support
- Accompanied airport transfer from Heathrow Airport on Sundays (at additional cost -see notes below)
- BUS PASS for unlimited local travel
Note to parents:
All parents/guardians are required to complete a welfare and consent form.
For Individual students (not coming with a group leader/parent ), We need consent if any unsupervised time is to be allowed (such as during lunch times, on some excursions or evenings with no organised activities). There are strict school rules and curfew times in place and students must not go out alone.
Travel to/from school and activities is usually on public buses (a bus pass is included). Again – students must not travel on buses alone.
Cost per person 2018 (Click here for full fees list)
|Course Length||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Extra weeks|
|Cost per person||£1036*||£1535*||£2031*||£494*|
Please note that arrivals and departures should be on a Sunday and minimum booking is 2 weeks. Many weeks in recent years were fully booked, so please book early!
*Prices include registration and accommodation fees, lessons, activities, full-board accommodation, bus pass. Prices exclude flights and transfers (see below)
Airport transfers for individuals
London Heathrow Airport
Each Sunday during the course, there will be a Riviera English School leader at Heathrow Airport to meet and travel with the arriving/departing students. The leader will meet students at arrivals with a name board and help with the check-in on departure. This is referred to as an “accompanied transfer”
Earliest flight arrival: 11.00 Latest flight arrival: 15.30 (Our leader will be at Heathrow from 11.00, so any students on flights arriving before this time would have to wait alone).
Earliest flight departure: 12.30 Latest flight departure: 17.00 (Our leader will be at Heathrow until 16.30, so for later flights, students would have to wait alone).
The total cost (including travel costs) for an accompanied transfer is as follows:
£70 each way (Heathrow-Torquay or Torquay-Heathrow), £140 both ways
For flights arriving earlier or later than times shown above, or for transfer information for arrivals/departures from airports other than Heathrow, please contact the school.
|Course Start 2018|
|Available||Limited Availability||Fully Booked|