Intensive General English comprises General English in the mornings plus 8 mini-group lessons in the afternoons. Small class sizes and lots of opportunity to speak.
- General English in the mornings (see General English page) plus 8 mini-group lessons in the afternoons*
28 lessons of 45 minutes per week = 21 hours
- Small class sizes (maximum 12 in the mornings, maximum 6 in the afternoons) – lots of opportunity to speak. Some Business English can be done in these classes.
- Minimum age 16**. We have a wide variety of ages at the school and there is no upper age limit.
- All students are tested on arrival, then placed in a suitable class. Elementary-Advanced.
- Qualified and friendly teachers
- Mixed nationality classes
- Certificate on course completion
- Teacher’s Report on course completion
Timetable (Monday to Friday)
Teacher A 09.30 — 11.00
Coffee Break 11.00 — 11.30
Teacher B 11.30 — 13.00
Intensive Class 13.45 — 15.45 (Usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
Please note that on your first morning, there will be a test and induction at 09.30, and class lessons will begin at 11.30. Please see note on holidays below.
*At quieter times of year, if there are not enough students of the same level to form an intensive afternoon class, we may replace the afternoon intensive classes with a total of 2 X 1:1 classes per week (total 1.5 hours
**Parental consent is required for all students under 18 years of age. There may be events on the social programme that are not available to students under 18. It must be understood that classes are very much adult-oriented and a mature attitude to studies is necessary. The school fully understands the different welfare requirements of young students and will provide support where necessary.
Cost per week 2017 (Click here for full fees list)
|Current Year||Length of Booking||Low Season||High Season
(18th June-27th August)
|2017||1 – 2 weeks||£215||+£25 per week|
|2017||3 – 8 weeks||£200||+£25 per week|
|2017||9 + weeks||£185||+£25 per week|
Please note that to get a long-booking discount, all fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
The registration fee is £80, which includes a welcome pack and the loan of a coursebook
The school is closed for public holidays. Extra lessons will be done on other days in the same week to compensate for this – so students don’t lose any study time.
|New Year (school reopens on this date)||3 Jan||2 Jan|
|Good Friday||14 Apr||30 Mar|
|Easter Monday||17 Apr||2 Apr|
|Early May Bank Holiday||1 May||7 May|
|Spring Bank Holiday||29 May||28 May|
|Summer Bank Holiday||28 Aug||27 Aug|
|Christmas (this is the last day of school)||15 Dec (reopen Tue 2nd Jan 2018)||21 Dec (reopen Tue 7 Jan 2019)|