General English looks at the skills of speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar, although there is a particular focus on communication
- 20 lessons of 45 Minutes (15 hours) per week Monday – Friday mornings. *see note below on holidays
- Minimum age 16**. We have a wide variety of ages at the school and there is no upper age limit.
- Small class sizes (maximum 12 – average 10 in summer, 6 outside summer) – lots of opportunity to speak.
- All students are tested on arrival, then placed in a suitable class. Elementary-Advanced.
- You will be taught by qualified and friendly teachers.
- Homework may be given to practise what has been done in the lessons.
- Afternoons free for private study or sightseeing/activities/sailing (unless taking Intensive or one-to-one courses).
- Mixed nationality classes.
- Certificate and Teacher’s Report on course completion.
- Courses start each Monday (except during the Christmas/New Year break.
Timetable (Monday to Friday)
Teacher A 09.30 — 11.00
Coffee Break 11.00 — 11.30
Teacher B 11.30 — 13.00
Please note that on your first morning, there will be a test and induction at 09.30, and class lessons will begin at 11.30.
**Parental consent is required for all students under 18 years of age. There may be events on the adult social programme that are not available to students under 18. It must be understood that classes are very much adult-oriented and a mature attitude to studies is necessary. The school fully understands the different welfare requirements of young students and will provide support where necessary.
Cost per week 2018 (Click here for full fees list)
|Year||Length of Booking||Low Season||High Season
(17th June-26th August)
|2018||1 – 2 weeks||£165 (£175 in 2019)||+£25 per week|
|2018||3 – 8 weeks||£155 (£165 in 2019)||+£25 per week|
|2018||9 + weeks||£145 (£155 in 2019)||+£25 per week|
Please note that to get a long-booking discount, all fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
The registration fee is £80, which includes a welcome pack and the loan of a coursebook
The school is closed for public holidays. Extra lessons will be done on other days in the same week to compensate for this – so students don’t lose any study time.
|New Year (school reopens on this date)||2 Jan||7 Jan|
|Good Friday||30 Mar||19 Apr|
|Easter Monday||2 Apr||22 Apr|
|Early May Bank Holiday||7 May||6 May|
|Spring Bank Holiday||28 May||27 May|
|Summer Bank Holiday||27 Aug||26 Aug|
|Christmas (this is the last day of school)||21 Dec (reopen 7 Jan 2019)||20 Dec (reopen 6 Jan 2020)|